Saturday, August 11, 2007

Patty Weber

My mom took the hands of her Father 3 years ago to a bout with cancer. It was a blessing to spend the night at the family cabin over the wekend because it's filled with her watercolors and pictures. This place is very special to me yet this same place meant even so much more to my mom. She spent summers and winters here with her family, friends, and children throughout her life. Her favorite place was the Meadow across the river and a little downstream from the cabin. She showed me the simple joy of running through the Meadow with my hands stretched far feeling the tall grasses rush through my fingers. As children, my siblings and I gathered wildflowers and banana leaves from the Meadow to make bouqets for my mom to show our love. I would give her the most beautiful boquet of flowers right now if I could.


No comments: